Anybody who loves to cook will eventually venture into the world of cake baking and decorating. While the basic principles are the same, baking and decorating require more skill than cooking basic dishes. For one, the assortment of cake supplies Melbourne groceries have today may prove confusing and overwhelming to beginners. Also, different cakes require different cooking temperatures and times, depending on the ingredients and size of the cake.
If you are among cake enthusiasts but have no idea on the basics of baking and decorating, below are helpful tips that may help you learn. You will find information about the basic tools for baking as well as some tips that might help beginners in their first attempt in cake decorating.
If you’re serious about cake decorating, you need cheap cake decorating supplies. Although some cakes might require special tools and equipment, here are some of the most basic ones that all cake decorators and bakers need to have:
- Cake pans – Of course, you can never bake without cake pans. With the variety of cake supplies Melbourne stores offer today, you will surely find ones that are round, square and rectangular. These are three basic cake shapes so you can use them over and over again in various projects.
- Cupcake pans – Small pans designed for cupcakes. Most beginners start with cupcakes, so purchasing cupcake pans is also recommended.
- X-acto blade – You can decorate cakes with precision without either an X-acto blade or a really sharp knife. You can use the knife to cut out different layers and sculpt the cake with various details.
- Scraper and Spatula – When it comes to decorating, the messiest part is leveling that icing, frosting, and fondant. Without these tools, your cake might end up looking messy and uneven.
- Paint brushes – Yes, cake decorating is now an art, and brushes are actually quite commonly used in decorating cakes. Expert decorators use brushes to add sugar glue or water to help the fondant stick to the cake layer better.
As for the edible ingredients like those used for baking the cake itself, they can simply be bought whenever you need to start a new baking and decorating project. However, investing in these and making room for them in your kitchen isn’t a bad idea if you want to get serious about baking and decorating cakes. You should also buy edible cake decorations to make detailing and decorating less of a hassle for you. Edible decorations are also better for kids, who tend to eat anything they see on a cake. Choice Cakes
Experts recommend that if you want to start baking cakes, it’s better to start small. Surely, if you’re just starting out, there are probably a hundred ideas you want to try out all at ones. For this reason, baking and decorating cupcakes is the best way to go. You can practice on these and try out different styles without wasting too much money and effort.
Aside from your own skills and talents in baking and decorating, one other important factor that impacts the result of your work is the quality of your baking and decorating supplies. This is why it’s important to get only the best cake decorating supplies Australia has to offer. Even if you are a master cake designer in the making, if your supplies are sub-standard, your creations won’t live up to its potential. Of course, it’s understandable that you’d want to get the cheapest cake supplies Melbourne stores offer if you just want to “try it out”, but if you are serious about decorating, this should also be reflected in the supplies you use. Find out more here: http://www.choicecakes.com